10 PhD Positions - Neuroscience
Medizinische Universität Innsbruck · Institute for Neuroscience Austria, Innsbruck
Application Deadline: 15th April 2014
www.neurospin.at // SPIN@i-
SPIN is an initiative of Innsbruck Medical University and Innsbruck Leopold-Franzens University. It was established in September 2007 with the support of the FWF Austrian Science Fund.
- individual supervision and monitoring (students have their individual thesis steering committee)
- a highly structured SPIN-specific educational program
- laboratory rotations in the twelve participating institutions
- funded research exchange with international laboratories
- retreats and social activities
- guaranteed salary as suggested by the Austrian Science Fund (approx. € 1, 933.30 gross per month) for the proposed 3-years, health insurance and social benefits
- state-of-the art facilities and resources
- personal and career development
- duration of degree: 3 years
- degree: PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
- entry requirements: life sciences, bioinformatics, chemistry, pharmacy, psychology or human medicine graduate
- recruitment procedure: written application, personal interview
Our SPIN students work across disciplines and pursue research projects that involve more than one lab. These research collaborations are enhanced by lab rotations, as well as study and research in other Austrian or international labs.
The entry requirement is a degree in biological science disciplines, chemistry, pharmacy, psychology or human medicine. Students have to show an above-average performance during the undergraduate degree, an adequate command of spoken and written English, and a passion and aptitude for scientific research.
Please submit the following documents by email (as a single, named document in PDF format using "lastname_firstname.pdf") usin
- an informal statement that gives insight into your qualifications and interest in specific areas
- certificates of your Master degree (with indication of credit system)
- two letters of recommendation (included in the pdf document)
PLEASE NOTE: We can only accept complete applications handed in as ONE PDF FILE "lastname_firstname.pdf". Incomplete applications will not be considered!
PhD students are selected on the basis of
- their application materials
- a personal interview at Innsbruck Medical University