The students will have an important overall role within the project and conduct cutting-edge research in the area of networking, specifically routing for the next-generation wireless networks, namely cognitive radio networks. The research area covers:
- Cluster-based routing
- Cognitive radio networks
The two opening positions investigate two different areas:
- Opening position (A): An implementation study of routing scheme(s) in cognitive radio platform
- Opening position (B): A simulation study of routing scheme(s) in cognitive radio networks
What are your roles?
- Research and design a routing scheme for cognitive radio networks
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals and conference proceedings
- Prepare a Master’s thesis on routing in cognitive radio networks
- Cooperate with graduate students and industry partners
What are the requirements and desirable skills?
- At least a second upper class degree or equivalent from a good university in networking, telecommunications, computer science, computer engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, or any other relevant fields
- Good programming skills (C/C++)
- For position (A), experience with Qualnet or other network simulators is essential; while for position (B), experience with USRP or other wireless platform is necessary.
- Good understanding of Linux based operating system
- Good written and verbal communication in English
What we offer?
We offer a fixed monthly allowance of MYR$2,000 for a successful candidate for up to 12 months. Note that, the Master’s degree is expected to be completed within 12 months. Scholarship prize paid as tuition fees rebate directly onto programme fees exists. Some of our Malaysian students are sponsored by MyMaster scholarships.
Please send the following documents to Dr. Kok-Lim Alvin Yau (email@example.com). Please specify the position that you are applying for. You are encouraged to email to enquire about and explore this opportunity.
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, educational background, work experience (if any) and publications (if any)
- Academic transcripts and certificates
Sunway University, Malaysia
Sunway University is an elite university, recognised for its outstanding quality in teaching and learning (SETARA’11) and was awarded a Tier 5 Excellent Rating by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). Our excellent teaching staff and promising graduates are some areas that contributed to the success of the Tier 5 Excellent Rating SETARA award.
Lancaster University, UK
Established by Royal Charter in 1964, Lancaster University enjoys a world-class reputation as a centre for excellence in teaching, scholarship and research. The institution is currently ranked 12th out of over 100 universities in the UK in The Times Good University Guide 2013, 9th in the Independent’s Complete University Guide 2013, 7th in the Guardian University Guide 2012, 131st in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011-12, and 153 out of 300 Universities in QS World University Rankings 2011.
For further details, see:
Dr. Kok-Lim Alvin Yau (firstname.lastname@example.org)