Beasiswa kali ini datang dari University of Zurich, Swiss atau di sebut juga Switzerland. Terdapat beberapa posisi untuk PhD dan Post Doc di Universitas tersebut dengan fokus penelitian di bidang Social Computing, Crowdsourcing, Semantic Web, Graph Processing, Big Data, Heterogenous Data Processing, dan Artificial Intelligence.
Berikut adalah ringkasan posisi PhD tersebut:
- Pendaftaran paling akhir tanggal 1 Maret 2016
- Gaji yang diberikan setahun adalah 55000-60000CHF atau sekitar (754 juta – 822 juta rupiah)
The Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems Group at the University of Zurich
(Switzerland) is inviting applications for
multiple PhD student positions
a Post-doc position
with a keen interest in at least one of the following areas:
– Social Computing, Crowdsourcing
– Semantic Web, Graph Processing
– Big Data
– Heterogenous Data Processing
– Artificial Intelligence
The PhD student will be supervised by Prof. Abraham Bernstein. The focus of the research
activities will be in the broad areas of distributed data processing on the Semantic Web
or social computing / crowdsourcing and will be linked with a number of new and existing
research projects (including ViSTA-TV, CrowdLang, Signal/Collect). Most projects in the
group are funded by research foundations such as the Swiss National Science Foundation,
the EC, or the HaslerStiftung.
– a team of young and highly motivated colleagues who are passionate about research
– a work environment that is well equipped with the newest hardware and software
– a competitive salary (annually about 55’000-60’000CHF/~55’000â‚¬ for PhD students;
80’000-90’000CHF/~81’000â‚¬ for postdocs)
– strong support for your personal development and career planning
– an attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: the
University of Zurich is one of Switzerland’s leading universities in the middle of
a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the
highest quality of life in the world
– A highly successful PhD program with graduates at top rated institutions world-wide
– a master’s degree in informatics, computer science, information systems (or an
equivalent university study) for the PhD student position and a PhD degree for the
– strong analytical/mathematical skills
– expertise in database systems, Semantic Web / Linked Data, HCI, or economics is helpful.
– good programming skills in several languages
– an interest in applying computer science research to real-world problems
– excellent command of English; German is a plus but not required
More information is available at: http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/
If you fit the profile, are able to work in a team, like challenging tasks, and are
passionate about research then we would love to hear from you. To apply for one of the
positions, please send a detailed curriculum vitae, all grade transcripts, selected
publications (if available), a list of at least three references, and your BSc/MSc
theses in one PDF file by email to
Prof. Abraham Bernstein, Ph.D.
Department of Informatics
University of Zurich, Switzerland
Email: ddisjobs “at” lists “dot” ifi “dot” uzh “dot” ch
Additionally, applicants may arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to
Prof. Bernstein directly, however, this is not required.
All applications received until March 1st, 2016 will be considered for the positions.
Applications received afterwards may be considered if positions are unfilled.
The University of Zurich is committed to enhancing the number of women in scientific
positions and, therefore, particularly invites women to apply. Women who are as qualified
for the position in question as male applicants will be given priority.