1. Apply for admission to the PhD program of a University with which NICTA collaborates – see Universities
2. Choose a supervisor – check our research areas for more information
3. Make contact with the relevant NICTA staff member below for more information on how to apply
See PhD Scholarship Guidelines for detailed information.
- Canberra Research Laboratory – for The Australian National University; University of Canberra
- Sydney Research Laboratory – for UNSW, UNSW ADFA. Online Application here.
- Sydney Research Laboratory – for The University of Sydney; University of Technology, Sydney; Macquarie University. Online Application here.
- NICTA Victoria – for Deakin University; Federation University; Latrobe University; University of Melbourne; Monash University; RMIT University; Swinburne University of Technology. Online Application here.
- Queensland Research Laboratory – for Griffith University, Queensland University of Technology; The University of Queensland
Summer Scholarship OpportunitiesNICTA funds scholarship opportunities in a variety of Summer or Vacation programs offered through our partner Universities. The Summer Scholars Program offers eligible students the opportunity to spend 8 to 12 weeks over the summer at one of our five labs in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.
When: November-February each year
Where: Located at each of NICTA’s labs in partnership with Universities
How much?: Summer stipends are typically $6,000 for a 12-week project
What else?: 2-day Showcase in early December (Sydney for all students); present your project outcomes to NICTA staff and students in February
Want more details? Use the links above or email email@example.com